Wednesday, March 24, 2010

when hubby's away..

I'm actually getting used to my husband travelling every 1 or 2 weeks now. I got plenty of time for myself and the house. good thing is that i hv his youngest bro and my youngest sis staying with us. so when he travel, i stil hv companies at home (especially now tht i'm pregnant). It's not bout counting on them to help me around the house (which u knw how youngsters/student are..), but more to feel safe having somebody staying with me in case anything happen (this is my first pregnancy, so i'm a bit nervous)

In the beginning, i feel so lonely when he was away..for example, just a few weeks after our wedding he had to travel for a month, and we just moved into a new home. it's just me and him, no more housemates. Well, before we got married, we were on a long distance relationship a lot (years of it), despite of tht experiences, i definitely feel more lonely than it was before. But now after more than a year later, i'm getting good at handling it.

Most challenging was the last 3 month of year 2009, during the first trimester, i was so down with morning sickness (which actually 24hours sickness to me). i need him most and yet he travel a lot. i feel so awful when he was away. When he returned home, he took care of me delicately, i feel that he tried to made up for the time he wasn't around. I noticed tht he tried his best to relate to me in my condition, but sometime he couldn't as he did not feel or saw the changes yet (i wasn't showing baby bump until 5 months into pregnancy).

Since January this year, his job is so demanding tht he travel extensively. there was one time he returned home after 3 weeks travelling, he was so surprised to see my big belly. at tht moment, i saw in his eyes how he regret to miss the time to be with me. And from then on, he finally could fully relate to the baby i'm carrying in my tummy. he touch my belly whenever he could, feel the baby move or kicks. It was such a pure joy for me and him.

As i said in my previous post, second trimester, my morning sickness has gone..and now, it does not bother me when my husband is away, it's back to what it was before. Missing him every moment is no exception. I just don't feel so bad anymore. we keep in touch almost at any time of the day and night. He called me every few hours as usual, only now instead of asking just bout me, he is asking bout our baby too. I could feel that we are ready to be parents no matter how much he will be away for his work in the future.

I love you darling, don't worry..everything gonna be fine ;)

No comments: