Wednesday, August 30, 2006

life to value

early at 8.23am i receive a call from my boyfriend today, well that is not ordinary him. i got an instinct that something happened, then it's true when he break the news that his cousin passed away after involving in an accident. sadness surround me for a while, when he further tell me that the deceased left 2 small children behind. immediately i ask for an excuse from my boss then rush to pick him up and send him to bus terminal where he get on an express bus going back to his hometown where the funeral will take place.
after a brief goodbye, i drive back to office, on the way i was praying for his journey and the family who mourn for the lost. Deep inside my heart, there's a chilly feeling that urge me to feel worry, fear and sad. i realize then everytime when i heard or attend funerals of my relatives when they passed away, i have that same feeling. then i guess it is normal to feel that way. But now i know the truth, actualy i feared losing the one i love especially those who are important to me. i feared that they will be gone also like the others, especially those who died at young age.
I learn that from this, it is very important for us to actually appreciate and enjoy companion of people around us, as they might be gone anytime and we don't know when. i myself could not imagine how would it feel if i lost somebody that i dearly love, but i know some of my friends out there been through that, even some of them have share it with me. From them i learn that to face the truth the person is gone is actualy hard but the hope and legacy that he/she leave behind that make us strong again to go on with our life.
Once, my boyfriend told me, we should not grieve for the person who has been gone, instead, we should appreciate his/her life contribution to us, remember all his/her achievement as a hope for us to move on and learn from his/her life. i will always remember that.

No comments: