Monday, November 06, 2006

for a living....


what do you do for a living?

what a familiar question isn't it..i believe most of my graduate frens out ther have a job or as we like to call it...career. i found out thru a lot of people, 8 out of 10 young grads are not satisfied with their post or job they are holding at his moment. and that also happen to me during my 1st year of working. i figure out now why do i feel that way..actually it is a transitional process for a person like me trying to fit in as a working adult. part from that, it is a transition from a fresh grads to fit in executive position which actually requires more of your brain and skill than during your study time.


But most of all, it is actually your choice of career and your personality. i learn from Holland's Theory of Career Choice(click to learn more) that you will likely find satisfaction in career that you choose that fit to your personality.

I couldn't agree more to this theory because the truth is happening to me now, a lot of people asking me, why am i choosing my current career,which is not related to what i have study back in university. my answer as always, this job suite me best and couldn't do better in other field. i choose my career that fit my personality, not my degree.

And i would enhance my skill and knowledge in this field ;)

No comments: